Thursday 5 February 2015

Adnan Januzaj says Louis van Gaal's system makes it difficult for him to play well



Adnan Januzaj says he is struggling to adjust to Louis van Gaal's new formation which has made it "more difficult for him to play". 
 
The Manchester United winger was left out of the squad for last night's FA Cup replay against Cambridge and has found himself to be used sparingly since the Dutchman took over last summer. 

With Van Gaal favouring wing-backs and a diamond formation, Januzaj has been forced to adjust his preferred position. The Belgian international played on the left side of the diamond formation in the win over Leicester (his first start for nearly three months), but would ideally like to be United's No 10 or play on the flank. 

"The system really can make it more difficult for me to play there but I have to keep working,’ Januzaj said. "That is what I am doing in training every day, as I want to get more games this season." 

Januzaj, who has played just six games for Van Gaal added: "My favourite position is as a No 10 or a winger. There are lots of players here and I can play in different roles – it’s just a case of taking my opportunities. 


"I’m not really a wing-back. It’s harder for me because there is more defending involved and I’m not really a defender." 


Januzaj was one of a few highlights during David Moyes' short tenure at Old Trafford and his performances earned him a new five-year deal worth £30,000-a-week. 


However, last month he had been linked with a loan move away from the club with Moyes' new club, Real Sociedad among the interested parties. 


"Last year I played a lot of games and every week I was feeling better and better," the 19-year-old said. "I’ve not been playing a lot this year but it’s okay I will try to work hard in training and out on the pitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets